Caramel Lover's Cake
- Heat the oven to 180C/160C fan/gas 4. Butter two 20cm springform tins and line the bases with baking parchment.
- Cream the butter and sugar in a bowl with an electric whisk for a few mins until fluffy. Add the vanilla and the eggs, one at a time beating in between each egg. Gradually add the flour and milk and mix until well blended.
- Pour in the caramel chocolate chips and gently fold into the mixture.
- For the icing, put the butter and icing sugar in a bowl and whisk for a few mins until light and airy.
- Gently whisk in the dulce de leche and set aside.
- Once the sponge cakes are fully cooled, use half the icing to sandwich the cakes together, then spread the remainder over the top, smoothing it out with a knife. Leave in a cool place until ready to serve.