Dark Chocolate & Raspberry Truffles
Make the Ganache
- Pour the double cream into a jug and boil in the microwave for approximately 40 seconds. Alternatively you can boil the cream in a pan on the hob. Timing will vary from microwave to microwave. TIP: Don’t allow the cream to come to a full boil.
- Place your chocolate chips or pieces into a glass bowl. Pour the cream mixture over the chocolate and allow it to stand for 3 minutes
- Using a spatula, combine the chocolate and cream until you reach a smooth texture
- Refrigerate until set for approximately 2 hours. You’ll know it’s set when the ganache is firm enough to roll into a ball in your hands
Roll the Truffles
- Put the freeze dried raspberry crumble on a plate ready to roll the truffles.
- Take a teaspoon of the ganache and in the palm of your hands, roll it into a ball
- Roll the truffles in the raspberries, coating fully and place in a plate
- Once made, keep them in an airtight container in the fridge and consume within 3 days. Best enjoyed at room temperature. You can also use cocoa powder to roll some of your truffles in.