Gold Chocolate Fondants
Gold chocolate ganache truffles (make these ahead of time!)
- 55g Callebaut Gold Caramel Chocolate
- 50ml double cream
Making the gold chocolate ganache truffles:
- Place the cream in a small saucepan, heat until it just begins to boil.
- Pour the hot cream over the chocolate, whisk until the chocolate is completely melted and you have a thick glossy texture.
- Refrigerate to allow it to set for at least 2 hours or overnight.
- Make the truffles for the fondant filling by taking 2 teaspoons of the ganache mixture and rolling into a ball in your hands.
- Preheat your oven to 200°C.
- Grease 4 deep ramekins/dariole moulds with butter, and dust with cocoa powder, tapping out any excess.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, whisk together the eggs and sugar until thickened and pale in colour.
- Pour the melted chocolate into the egg mixture, whisk until combined.
- Sieve in the flour, and fold in gently using a spatula.
- Pour the mixture in the prepared dishes, just to halfway.
- Place a gold chocolate ganache truffle in the centre of each fondant. Top up with the rest of the chocolate mixture to cover.
- Bake in the oven for 12 minutes and leave it to rest for 1 minute.
- To serve, demould into serving bowls, pour over warm chocolate sauce, sprinkle over a few Crispearls, and add a scoop of vanilla ice cream.