Christmas may be a little different this year, but that definitely doesn’t mean we have to deny ourselves of our favourite tasty makes for the season. If you’re looking to be inspired, we’ve got our favourite Christmas recipes listed below to spark some festive spirit!
White Chocolate and Cherry Trifle
- 100g caster sugar
- Colac Cherry Sundae Topping
Our Colac Cherry Sundae Topping has a very high fruit content, made with only the very best quality cherries; it creates a perfectly balanced flavour between sweetness and tartness, ensuring an extra zing in your trifle!
- 100ml cherry brandy
- 2 litres double cream (whipped) – if you’re looking for a long-life, super creamy whipping cream alternative, try our Kerrymaid Whipping Cream Alternative!
- 600ml vanilla custard (cooled)
- 2 sliced Madeira cakes
- 50g Callebaut W2 White Chocolate Chips
- Put a generous layer of the cherry sundae topping in a large bowl, pour in 50ml of the cherry brandy, and mix
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the custard and 1 litre of the double cream
- Use the remaining 50ml of cherry brandy to soak the Madeira cake slices
- Get a large serving bowl and start creating the layers. First, add the generous layer of the cherry sundae topping, then the cherry brandy-soaked cake slices, and then finish with the cream and custard mixture
- Pipe the remaining whipped cream in swirls on top of the trifle, then decorate with Callebaut White Chocolate Chips. If you’d like, you can add some more sundae topping here too – simply layer on the top, before adding the white chocolate chips
- Place in the fridge to set, then serve
TOP TIP: For an extra indulgent dessert, drizzle some Colac Salted Caramel Topping Sauce – on top of the trifle before popping in the fridge, to ensure a rich caramelly mouthful with every serving.
Chocolate Christmas Pudding with White Chocolate & Rum Sauce
- Place the raisins, dates and mixed peel into the water and brandy and bring to the boil, add in the bicarbonate of soda and mix well, turn out into a bowl and allow to cool
- In a separate bowl, cream together the butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add in the eggs slowly, and fold through the self-raising flour, cocoa powder, ground nutmeg and brown sugar
- Add the vanilla extract and the Cinnamon, Mulling Spices and Orange Spice Drops and mix well
- Once the fruit is cold, fold it through the cake mix and then fold through the Bakestable Chocolate Chips
- Bake at 200C/400F/gas mark 6 until golden brown and the sponge bounces back when lightly touched
The White Chocolate & Rum Sauce
- 200g Callebaut W2 White Chocolate Chips
- 150g 35% Cream
- 50g Rum
- Bring the double cream to the boil and then pour over the white chocolate, mix together to create a sauce, and pour over your Christmas pudding!
Sharing Cookie Skillet
- 170g melted butter
- 170g brown sugar
- 60g granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons of vanilla extract
- 1 large egg
- 210g plain flour
- 1 teaspoon of baking soda
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- 340g Callebaut Belgian Dark 811 or Callebaut Belgian 823 Milk,if preferred
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees/356F/gas mark 4
- In a 9-inch cast iron skillet, melt the butter over medium heat, stirring until it begins to turn golden brown
- Stir in the brown sugar, granulated sugar and vanilla extract
- Remove the skillet from heat and allow to cool for 5 minutes, or until fully cooled
- Once cooled, add the egg and whisk gently until combined
- Add in the flour, baking soda and salt, stirring until fully combined
- Fold in the chocolate
- Using a spatula, spread the dough until it is evenly distributed in the skillet
Bake for 18-20 minutes until the edges begin to turn golden brown – insert a knife into the centre to double check – it should come out clean!
The Cookie Skillet Toppings
- 25g Callebaut Belgian Dark Chocolate 811
- 25g Callebaut Belgian Milk Chocolate 823
- 25g Callebaut Belgian White Chocolate W2
- 60ml whipping cream
- 1 scoop vanilla ice cream
- Place the dark, milk and white chocolate in separate bowls, with 20ml of cream in each
- Heat in the microwave, stirring every 20 seconds until you have a smooth, creamy chocolate sauce
- Add the vanilla ice cream to the cookie skillet, then drizzle the dark, milk and white chocolate on the cookie, and serve
TOP TIP: For an added indulgence, try serving a gold chocolate sauce on the side, using our Callebaut Gold Caramel Chocolate