White Chocolate & Cherry Trifle
- 50g Callebaut W2 White Chocolate
- Colac Cherry Sundae Topping Our Colac Cherry Sundae Topping has a very high fruit content, made with only the very best quality cherries; it creates a perfectly balanced flavour between sweetness and tartness, ensuring an extra zing in your trifle!
- 100g caster sugar
- 100ml cherry brandy
- 2L double cream (whipped) if you’re looking for a long-life, super creamy whipping cream alternative, try our Kerrymaid Whipping Cream Alternative!
- 600ml vanilla custard (cooled)
- 2 sliced Maderia cakes
- Put a generous layer of the Cherry Sundae Topping in a large bowl, pour in 50ml of the cherry brandy, and mix
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the custard and 1 litre of the double cream
- Use the remaining 50ml of cherry brandy to soak the Madeira cake slices
- Get a large serving bowl and start creating the layers. First, add the generous layer of the Cherry Sundae Topping, then the cherry brandy-soaked cake slices, and then finish with the cream and custard mixture
- Pipe the remaining whipped cream in swirls on top of the trifle, then decorate with Callebaut White Chocolate Chips. If you’d like, you can add some more sundae topping here too – simply layer on the top, before adding the white chocolate chips
- Place in the fridge to set, then serve